Home Page blank GreenSquare Group blank Accessibility page
Rent payment, benefits, and debt advice blank Garages for rentblank Repairs and Maintenance Noticeboard blank Planned maintenance blank Helping hand service blank Helping hand garden service blank What is asbestos?
Immediately available lettings blank How to apply for housing blank Low-cost home ownership blank Right to buy/Acquire blank Mutual exchange blank Help and support blank Over-55s accommodation and services blank Existing shared ownersblank Home adaptations blank Fraud initiative blank Preparing for bad weather
Getting Involved blank Residents' Forum blank Resident Scrutiny Panel blank Resident training blank Disability Forum blank Your Neighbourhood & Communities blank Neighbourhood walkabouts blank Street look-up blank Refurbished electrical goods blank Youth Work project blank Partnerships
Comments and Complaints blank Complaints report blank Antisocial behaviour
Our Service Standards blank Standards for empty homes on relet blank Neighbourhood Standards blank Our Performance
About us
blank Contact/location details blank Who's who blank Westlea leaflets and publications blank Westlea news indexblank Jobs at Westleablank Frequently-asked questionsblank Our communities

Find us on Facebook blank Follow us on Twitter blank Links to other sites blank Site map

Please be aware that Westlea Housing may record any incoming or outgoing telephone calls as part of our commitment to provide excellent customer service.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

You are here: Westlea home > How to apply for housing


What is Homes4Wiltshire?

From March 2009, Wiltshire Council has launched its new choice-based lettings service called Homes 4 Wiltshire. Adverts will be available every Thursday on the Homes 4 Wiltshire website and will be displayed at local information points throughout the county such as doctors surgeries and parish notice boards. If you have any questions about your application you can contact the Homes 4 Wiltshire team on 01380 734734.

Which areas does the partnership cover?

Homes 4 Wiltshire covers all of the new Wiltshire Council area which is North and West Wiltshire, Kennet, and Sailisbury.

Which Housing Associations are part of Homes 4 Wiltshire

New Futures
A2 Winchester Housing
English Churches Housing Group
Fosseway Housing Association
Guinness Trust Housing Association
Hanover Housing Association
Hastoe Housing Association
Housing 21 Housing Association
James Butcher Housing Association
Jephson Housing Association
John Groom Housing Association
Kennet Housing Society
Kingfisher Housing Association
Knightstone Housisng Association
New Downland Housing Association
Orbit Housing Association
Raglan Housing Association
Ridgeway Community Housing Association
Salvation Army Housing Association
Sarsen Housing Associaton
Somer Community Housing Trust
Sanctuary shaftesbury Housing Association
Signpost Housing Association
South Western Housing Society
Sovereign Housing Association
Swaythling Housing Association
Westlea Housing Association
Western Challenge Housing Association
West Country Housing Association
Selwood Housing
Wiltshire Rural Housing Association

How do I apply for housing?

You can apply for housing by filling in an application form. You can get a form by:

Who can apply to go onto the housing register?

Anyone over 16 years old who wants to live in North Wiltshire.

However, by law we cannot provide housing for you if you:

What do I do when I have filled in the application form?

You should send the form and photocopies of any supporting information needed (for example, your passport, or photo driving licence) to:
Homes 4 Wiltshire, Browfort, Bath Road, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 2AT

What happens when I send in my application form?

Your application will be assessed on your current circumstances and placed in a band. The bands are: Platinum, Gold Plus, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.

You will receive a letter confirming your band and giving you a reference number. When you receive this you will be able to bid for homes.

How will homes be advertised?

Homes will be advertised in the following ways:

Bidding Cycle

Homes will be open for bidding on Thursday from 00:01am, and the bidding cycle will close on Monday at 23:59 pm.

How can I bid for a home?

Customers can bid in the following ways:

What if I am unable to bid for myself?

Homes 4 Wiltshire will be working with friends, family, and support networks to help applicants who are unable to access adverts.

Where there are no support networks in place and the customer is considered to be vulnerable, Homes 4 Wiltshire will send them a copy of the advert. If this might apply to you, please contact Homes 4 Wiltshire on 01380 734734

What else can I do?

You may be able to rent a home from a private landlord. These properties are usually advertised in local papers or through lettings agents. If you are on a low income, you may be able to get help with the rent through Housing Benefit. More information about Housing Benefit is available from Wiltshire Council. You may also want to consider shared ownership. These schemes let you buy a share of a home and pay rent on the rest. If you would like further information, please contact:

New Futures
2 St Michaels Court
Brunswick Road
Telephone 0800 073 1315.

What should I do if I am going to lose my home?

If you are likely to lose your home, you should contact the Housing Options Team at the Council. The number for the Chippenham area is: 01249 706111.

What if I am already a Housing Association tenant and I want to do a mutual exchange?

If you would like to be registered onto a mutual exchange list you should contact homeswapper at www.homeswapper.co.uk.

What is HomeSwapper?

This is the UK’s largest list of social housing tenants looking to swap homes. When you have registered with them they will find you potential swaps and send you match alerts. Westlea also has a paper copy of the homeswapper lists at Methuen Park if you prefer to come in and view it that way. There is usually a charge for the service. However, if, like Westlea, your landlord is a partner organisation, the service will be free. If you have any problems accessing this service, please contact your landlord.

Who should I contact if my circumstances change or I need more information?

You should contact Homes 4 Wiltshire by telephone on 01380 734734, by post to:
Homes 4 Wiltshire, Browfort, Bath Road, Devizes, Wiltshire SN10 2AT
or via their website at www.homes4wiltshire.co.uk